Rocket Sign-language– The Award Winning System That Gets You Speaking Sign-language & Loving Sign-language Culture
A Brief Summary of Estimates for the Size of the Deaf Population
in the USA Based on Available Federal Data and Published Research:
- About 2 to 4 of every 1,000 people in the United States are “functionally deaf,” though more than half became deaf relatively late in life; fewer than 1 out of every 1,000 people in the United States became deaf before 18 years of age.
- However, if people with a severe hearing impairment are included with those who are deaf, then the number is 4 to 10 times higher. That is, anywhere from 9 to 22 out of every 1,000 people have a severe hearing impairment or are deaf. Again, at least half of these people reported their hearing loss after 64 years of age.
- Finally, if everyone who has any kind of “trouble” with their hearing is included then anywhere from 37 to 140 out of every 1,000 people in the United States have some kind of hearing loss, with a large share being at least 65 years old.
–Gallaudet University (https://research.gallaudet.edu/Demographics/deaf-US.php)
This means MILLIONS of Americans are deaf or hearing impaired. Millions of Americans live isolated lives because they cannot hear the people around them. Imagine the frustration! The loneliness…
Now imagine how much better life would be for these millions of Americans if we each took the time to learn Sign Language!
- You get instant access to a 24/7 lifetime trial of Rocket Sign Language
- You’ll get 6+ hours of free trial lessons, voice recognition features and more
- Be amazed at how much Sign Language you’ll learn in a short space of time
- Use it on your computer and/or the free iOS or Android apps
- You can download the audio lessons for learning on the go
- All of your progress syncs between your devices